Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mia is Almost Two!


We had an early birthday party for Mia on June 24th. She certainly understood what was going on and relished every moment! 





If you look closely at her face, you can tell she enjoyed the pizza and fruit!


She absolutely loves the stroller and baby doll that Noni and Papito (Will's parents) sent. Most of the other toys and books she got are stashed in my closet. They will come out one by one when we need something new to entertain her (mostly likely when the baby's here!). 


This picture was before church last week. I'm 38 weeks. Now I'm almost 39! The day is getting closer and closer. Sometimes I feel so ready, but I try to just remember how nice it is to not have much to do for now, I can sleep through the night (sort of), and I have Mia's nap time all to myself (usually spent reading and napping!). 


We were blessed to visit with Will's extended side of the family earlier in June for his grandfather's 80th birthday! 


Mia is finishing up her oatmeal. She loves oatmeal! She also likes rice and beans and noodles. (Can you tell she's part Puerto-Rican and Italian?) She is talking all the time! She knows all her letters and colors, likes to sing, and the newest development is telling stories. Will tells her a story at bed time and now she'll ask for one from me or him during the day. But more often she tells us stories. Here's a typical one:

Mia: I tell you story, Mama.
Me: Okay, I'm listening!
Mia: Ah, let's see... (she looks up) One time!
Me: Yes...
Mia: I go to Lisa's house!
Me: What did you do at Aunt Lisa's house?
Mia: I play.
Me: What did you play?
Mia: I play May May. (her bear)
Me: What else?
Mia: I play Marina. She take May May away.
Me: Oh, did you cry?
Mia: Yes.
Me: Did she give her back?
Mia: Yes.
Me: That's good. 

She also mentions things like swinging, sliding, and other things she's done that she really enjoys. It's really fun to get an idea of what's going on in her head and what she remembers! 

She's excited about her little brother on the way. I think she understands as much as she can, but it will probably still be an adjustment. We are reading a couple good books she got at her party about being a big sister and what babies need. She really enjoys them so I see that as a good sign. She is such a joy and always surprising us - in good ways thankfully! 

No comments:

Post a Comment