Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Update and a Video

Honestly, May has flown by! Feels like we were just getting ready for Pascha! But, no, that's long behind us. Anyway...

We had a wonderful Pascha! We traveled to Cleveland and celebrated with Will's family. It was truly a blessed time! For those of you who don't know, the Pascha service begins late in the evening, around 10 or 10:30. So it's always interesting to see what the kids will do. This year, it was the total opposite than what I thought. Michael was wide awake the whole time (he did sleep from 7-10 at the house though), and Mia fell asleep shortly after we got there and slept on the floor the whole time! The next day we went to a short service at noon and then relaxed with some of Will's extended family. It was such a wonderful time!

Back at home, things have just been pretty routine. We are enjoying fresh veggies from the CSA our friends are doing this year, as well as "fresh milk" from the cowshare we purchased at the beginning of the month.

Will's schedule is all over the place as he travels to scout high school boys to recruit this fall. Mia has even gone to a game or two with him, which she enjoys.

I continue to work on making our house more of a home, as well as more economical and eco-friendly. Today I mixed up a new recipe of deodorant, face cleansing oil, and tooth soap. (Don't worry, I won't make this blog about all that! Just filling you in on somethings I'm interested in. You can read more on my blog - soon.) I started hosting a big picnic in our yard with all my friends and their kids, every other week. That's a lot of fun!

 Mia is now potty trained! In late April, she just started going when she needed to, and has only had a few accidents since. The transition to going potty out of the house was very smooth. Needless to say, I'm very glad about all this! She sure seems like a three year old already! (I'm hoping I'm not repeating myself from last month- I really can't remember!)


Michael continues to eat everything! He's very good about getting cleaned up too. When I head his way with a rag, he holds his hands out for me! He also has a creative way of eating his banana (one of his favorite foods!). I was hoping he'd be getting close to crawling since last month he started rocking. But instead he decided to create his own way of getting around. I'll let you see in the video.  I'm making up for the fact that I took hardly any pictures all month by giving you a video!




No comments:

Post a Comment