Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mia @ 17 Months



Mia is 17 months today! She has changed a lot in this month. Here are a few things:
  • She says "mama" all the time! Most of the time it's appropriate. She likes to point out mothers in the books we read and will say "mama" then point to me and say it again. Heart melting! 
  • She also makes a lot of other connections to things through to books. For example, when we read the book "Christmas Tree", she always points to our Christmas tree.
  • She loves to dip her food in ranch dressing. Fortunately, I make it myself, so I don't have to worry about what's in it! 
  • She is really into her "kitchen toys". It's a basket with toy pots and foods and things. She carries it different places and plays and plays. 
  • She is very good at using a spoon now. 
  • She tries to say words by saying the first consonant of the word.
  • She attempts to cross herself appropriately and will bow during prayers some, mimicking us.
  • At the store, she went right up to this cart with a blue car. (She is drawn to blue things.) She loved it and was so good the whole time! 
  • She loves "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." That's how I got her to smile in the picture of her in the car. She will ask for it by putting her fingers together like a spider. 
Story for the month:
When I was dusting Friday I let her help me some until I realized it was too much work to hold her and move her hand. She didn't want to let go of the duster when I put her down, so I let her have it. She proceeded to dust anything at her level including her desk, little tree and the gifts. I hope she's always this motivated to clean for me! 


I'm really looking forward to Christmas with her this year! I think she will really enjoy opening presents and have fun with them! Have a Merry Christmas yourselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment